Setting course for growth
Establishing an asset-light business model and growing the business through M&A to secure new revenue streams
About Marine Jet Power
Sweden-based Marine Jet Power (MJP) is a leading global supplier of waterjet propulsion and propulsion control systems, with a geographical presence in the EMEA region, both Americas and the APAC region. MJP offers high-end waterjets with the best propulsion efficiency available, providing not only top performance and highest speed but also lowest total cost of ownership.
MJP’s business stood to gain from a strategic shift toward long-term, stable contracts supplying governments looking for water propulsion jets. With rising geopolitical uncertainty, demand for MJP’s waterjets has increased as governments ramp up security spending.
Marine Jet Power has flourished into a waterjet propulsion market leader. The strategic vision of Verdane has positioned the company for sustainable and profitable long-term growth.
Value creation initiatives
Reviewing the business model
- Set course away from the general cyclicality of the global marine industry to focus on strategic, long-term government contracts, which make up a significant portion of the global waterjet market
- Developed an asset-light business model focused on design, assembly and sales, adding a strategic focus on aftermarket sales and services.
- Developed a modularised and scalable product portfolio
Using M&A to create a holistic market offering and target new customer segments
- Acquired Ultra Dynamics and AW Teknik in 2012 to expand geographical scope, broaden customer and product base and bring aftermarket sales under MJP’s control
- Introduced an industry leading 5-year warranty that has positioned MJP as a full-service propulsion partner by offering unmatched performance, quality and customer care