Hiring: Portfolio HR & Talent Manager (DE/DK/FI)
Position: Portfolio HR & Talent Manager, full-time
Based out of Copenhagen, Berlin or Helsinki (flexible)
Verdane is looking for a seasoned Portfolio HR & Talent Manager to join the Elevate Talent Team, the firm’s specialist in-house team of operational experts. The Elevate team partners with our investment teams in due diligence processes and with Verdane portfolio companies on high-priority projects covering data analytics, go-to-market, operations & finance, talent & HR, technology, and sustainability.
As a key player on the team you will help develop and translate the overall HR vision into concrete strategies and projects to help build the new function and create a demand for prioritised services. The role is new and will be shaped along the way.
As a person, you thrive in a down-to-earth and values-based culture that is committed to creating long-lasting relationships. You are driven and curious, combining a big heart with a sharp mind. Ideally, you have a genuine interest in developing companies, making deals and investment decisions, alongside a proven ability to communicate a vision and build buy-in whilst working at a high pace.
Key responsibilities covering both external portfolio and internal Verdane areas:
HR & Talent DD including:
- Mapping organisations
- Culture / values / eNPS / sick leave, etc.
- General HR standards, contracts, etc.
- Management & former employee references
- Risk analysis
100-day plans including;
- HR best practices
- Implementing and supporting 100-day plans
- Recruitment support
- Responsibility for the HR network
- Responsible for the internal HR policies, training & development, etc.
- Part of the core HR team
You have the following background/profile:
Major professional experiences & competencies
- Deep HR experience and experience building an HR function from scratch or working as an HR responsible in a growth company knowing how to create magic without a big corporate function
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment & labour laws, rules and regulations
- Solid project management and team skills with a hands-on and can-do mindset
- Proven ability to build relationships both internally and externally. Ability to influence and immediately impact different levels of the organisation across geographies and functions
- Sophisticated communication & presentation skills, able to understand and appreciate diversity and nuance, and adapt style accordingly
- Well-developed commercial understanding which allows you to rapidly understand the business logic and value drivers of any given business
- A strategic and analytical mindset, with an ability to translate visions into concrete long-term plans aligned with key results and targets
Education and specific skills
- Strong academic credentials
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required
- A growth mindset and an international perspective
- Pragmatic, curious, down-to-earth, and without prestige
- High energy level, comfortable executing multifaceted projects in parallel with day-to-day activities
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible
- Good reasoning abilities, sound judgment, good business acumen
- Results and people orientated, resourceful and well organised, with an ability to balance other business considerations
Please submit your application to Martin Beijer at firstname.lastname@example.org