Hiring: Investor Relations and Business Development Intern (Private Equity)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Application deadline: 29th of April 2021 at 23:59
Verdane is a specialist Northern European private equity firm helping sustainable, tech-enabled businesses reach the next stage of international growth. We have helped our companies accelerate growth and scale their business since 2003, and our funds hold more than €3bn in total committed capital.
Companies we currently own include Brightpearl, CAIA Cosmetics, CURA of Sweden, Desenio, EasyPark, Farmasiet, Hive Streaming, Hornetsecurity, MatHem, momox, Nomentia and Polytech.
We are proud to have attracted high calibre investors from 15 countries, ranging from large foundations and endowments to pension funds, insurance companies and family offices. Over half of the capital commitments in our three most recent funds, Verdane Edda, Verdane Edda II and Verdane Capital X, are by not-for-profit investors. Strong returns for our funds thus also help good causes.
We are looking for two part-time interns to join our Investor Relations and Business Development team in Stockholm office. We think that you have strong analytical and communication skills, a solid financial understanding and that you are motivated to work in a fast-paced workplace.
You will have the chance to support on:
- Content production and data analysis for Verdane Partners and the Investor Relations team to use in investor meetings and communications
- Capital raisings for Verdane funds, specific portfolio companies and secondary transactions
- Annual investor and Advisory Committee meetings
You will be a perfect fit if our corporate values resonate with you:
Dare to be different: We are bold in our thinking and challenge the status quo. We treasure differences of opinion and value complementary perspectives as we seek creative solutions to complex problems.
Get things done: We actively work to shorten decision making cycles, always completing our set tasks with quality. We prioritise what lies before us in order to ensure that everything we set out to accomplish is done well, rather than taking on too many things at once.
Love what you do: We are genuinely committed and passionately curious, entrepreneurial in spirit and deed – the best idea wins.
Respect people and the planet: We act with integrity and seek to build trust in all relations. We show responsibility and aspire to be on the right side of history, helping to move our industry towards more sustainable, long-term thinking.
We can offer:
- Exciting opportunity to gain broad understanding of the working cogs of a leading private equity firm, through working with members of the investor relations and business development team as well as team and CFO office
- Hourly salary and benefits
- One-year contract, with possibility of further extension
- You are on your third year of your Bachelor’s program, are a recent Bachelor’s degree graduate or are currently studying towards a Master’s degree
- You are fluent in written and spoken English (a Nordic language or German is an advantage)
- You are an advanced Excel and PowerPoint user
- You are an excellent communicator
- You can work ~20 hours per week
Please send us your application before April 29th, 2021, to email@example.com. We would like you to attach your CV, cover letter, references (if relevant) and grades from university/business school.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Verdane is a specialist private equity investment firm that partners with sustainable, tech-enabled Northern European businesses to help them reach the next stage of international growth. Verdane can invest as a minority or majority investor, either in single companies or through portfolios of companies, and looks to deploy behind three core themes; the Digital Consumer, Software Everywhere and Sustainable Society. Verdane funds hold more than €3bn in total commitments and have made over 120 investments in fast-growing businesses since 2003. Verdane’s team of over 70 investment professionals and operating experts, based out of Berlin, Copenhagen, Helsinki, London, Oslo and Stockholm, is dedicated to being the preferred growth partner to tech-enabled businesses in Northern Europe.
More info: www.verdane.com
Follow Verdane on LinkedIn