Hiring: Marketing Intern (GER/SE)
Position: Marketing Intern (paid, part-time or full-time)
Based out of: Berlin or Stockholm
Verdane is looking for a digital marketing intern to join our recently established Go-To-Market Elevate team, consisting of operational experts that partner with our investment teams in due diligence processes and with our holdings in value creation and operational excellence projects.
To fit the role, you should be “truly digital”, data-driven, and have knowledge of various disciplines within marketing. Ideally, you have other intern experience from agencies and have worked with both B2C and B2B brands.
Verdane is a specialist growth equity investment firm that partners with sustainable, tech-enabled Northern European businesses to help them reach the next stage of international growth. Verdane can invest as a minority or majority investor, either in single companies or through portfolios of companies, and looks to deploy behind three core themes; the Digital Consumer, Software Everywhere and Sustainable Society. Verdane’s nine funds hold more than €3bn in total commitments and have made over 120 investments in fast-growing businesses since 2003. Verdane’s team of over 80 investment professionals and operating experts, based out of Berlin, Copenhagen, Helsinki, London, Oslo, and Stockholm, is dedicated to being the preferred growth partner to tech-enabled businesses in Northern Europe.
- You will support the team on performance marketing and brand marketing tasks for our investment teams and portfolio companies
- You will help to assess potential investment cases from a marketing perspective, looking for growth potential and red flags
- You will help portfolio companies to tackle challenges and spark new opportunities in a combination of advisory, educational, and hands-on work
- You will help to build top-of-class processes, frameworks, and benchmarks for digital marketing assessment and operational excellence
- Good understanding of different marketing activities
- First experience with SEM, SEO, and paid/organic social
- Basic knowledge of relevant MarTech and analytics tools (e.g. Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager)
- Ability to communicate your findings and draw conclusions and recommendations
- Committed, structured, hard-working and a team player
- Like us, you value proactivity and are able to work autonomously, managing your own tasks and time
- Other intern experience, ideally some of it from a marketing agency or fast-paced company
- Experience with due diligence projects is an advantage
- Relevant education (Bachelor’s degree) in business, marketing, data science or similar
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken required
You have a growth mindset, great communication skills, and want to work within an international environment. As a person, you collaborate well in a down-to-earth and value-based culture that is committed to creating long-lasting relationships. You have a can-do attitude, good project management skills and an ability to analyze, pivot, and implement change. You are a team player and enjoy working with people but at the same time, you also like to solve challenges by yourself. Your motivation is probably a combination of the chance to help companies grow and develop your competencies further.
Email your CV, cover letter, and relevant university and work certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org